Omni - D™
Is a Food for Special Medical Purpose pre-meal drink that has proven medical benefits for people with type 2 diabetes. It is comprised of food products that work to help people with type 2 diabetes manage their condition by reducing blood sugar increases after a meal.
What is Omni - D™
Omni - D™ is a pre-meal drink that is used to assist in the management of type 2 diabetes. Taken 0-30 minutes before a high carbohydrate meal, it significantly reduces the blood glucose spike that meal causes. Omni - D™ is to be used as part of an overall management plan for people with pre-diabetes, early type 2 diabetes or those people with reasonably well controlled type 2 diabetes.
Benefits of Omni – D ™
Omni - D ™ Slows digestion post meal to prevent blood sugar spikes. Studies demonstrate Omni – D ™ decreases post prandial blood sugar spikes by 36.5%.
It is critical to manage glucose excursions as they can induce organ damage and cognitive decline. Omni – D ™ is a key management tool that can be incorporated into your overall lifestyle management plan.
How to take Omni - D ™
Omni – D™ is designed to be used as part of the routine management of type 2 diabetes. Studies show that in long term use the product is both safe and effective.
Can I take too much?
The dosage recommendation is a single sachet consumed as a pre-meal drink before meals. As a food product, there is no potential for overdose – however the high levels of soluble fibre may lead to diarrhea if consumed in large amounts.
Taking other medicines
Tell your health care professional if you are taking any other medicines, including any that you buy without a prescription from a pharmacy, supermarket or health food shop. This will help them decide if using Omni- D ™ is appropriate for you. Omni - D™ can be used in conjunction with medicines designed to treat type 2 diabetes. As a food product, there is little chance of interaction. However, it is important to take oral medicines 15 minutes before the pre-meal drink so the absorption of the drug is not changed.
Safe for everyday use (maximin of two serves per day).
Special events – where you will be testing your current medication or management of T2D – used under medical supervision.
Alternative or adjunct T2D management – consult your health professional.
Omni – D™ is not recommended
- For people with allergies to milk products or soy products.
- For people with acute high levels of blood glucose, or highly fluctuating measures of blood glucose.
- Not recommended in people with uncontrollable or end stage diabetes
- For people prescribed insulin by their doctor (without their direct advice).
- As a sole source of nutrition, or as a regular meal replacement product.
- Keep Omni - D™ below 30°C. Individual sachets should only be opened directly before use as part of preparing the pre-meal drink. Do not use if sachet is torn or damaged.
- Take note of the ‘best before’ date on the box or the sachet before consuming.
Each Sachet contains:
- Whey protein (and other dairy proteins)
- Guar (Soluble Fibre)
- Flavouring and sweeteners (sucralose)
- Anti-caking and emulsifying agents.
Where to Buy
Available in pharmacies in July 2022